Designed and made in Kyoto (Japan).
Exclusive on KiGinKin.
Espresso set of 4 cups + 4 saucers, fully hand made and hand painted. Designed and made by Kyoto-based potter and artist Naoto Suzuki, 4th generation potter of Kyo-yaki.
This item was first made specifically in collaboration with KiGinKin, and it started being presented on our website in August 2021. Featuring Suzuki's peculiar red color on the inside, it is sure to look and feel perfect for a fix of Black Gold in various versions: espresso singolo, doppio, corretto, macchiato, lungo, (lost?) or a heart-warming home-made caffè moka–not the chocolatey one.
Let your guests enjoy your favorite coffee, their own favorite way.
The items come in an especially designed, Kyoto-made wooden box, called kiribako.
The red color fatured inside is the same found on the potter's Kindami Enshō collection, which includes small plates, sake sets and a square luncheon plate. Check the full set on the potter's collection page or contact us if you would like to receive an estimate to purchase all items at once.
Instructions for use
Especially made in collaboration with KiGinKin's Italian-born Account Manager, this cup is perfect to enjoy espresso or moka coffee. The cup, despite its original looks and feel, is fully loyal to the original way of sipping the drink that's one of humankind's best friends.
This item is available as a single piece (1 cups + 1 saucer).
Wash immediately after use. Wipe with a dry cloth.
• This product is hand made and hand painted: differences between pieces may occur.
• Wash before the first use, with a non-abrasive detergent and a soft sponge. Wipe with a dry cloth.
• Do not scrub.
• Do not dishwash.
• Do not microwave.
• Do not leave immersed in water or other liquids for long times.
• This product may not be returned. Items that you receive broken will be reimbursed. Please read our return policy to know more.
• The items shown on this page come as a full set of 4 cups + 4 saucers. A single set of 1+1 is also available on KiGinKin, along with other items in the same series. Please check the manufacturer's collection page for more information.
• The kiribako box is traditionally made with very thin wood, and it is only intended for protection during shipping and storing. We will take the utmost care when placing the kiribako inside the shipping box; however, due to the delicate nature of a kiribako, it may crack before it reaches you. Please be aware that this is not considered a defect, and it won't result in a refund as long as the item itself is undamaged.
Naoto Suzuki is a fourth-generation potter based in Yamashina, Kyoto. Suzuki specializes in what is known as Kiyomizu-yaki, a type of pottery made in the area in Kyoto known as Kiyomizu-yaki Danchi. He is also an active player in one of Japan's highest-level art exhibitions, the Nitten, both as a regular exhibitor since 1996, and as a member of the council and jury.
Tableware by Suzuki is regularly used at WA Theater Restaurant in Sai Kung (Hong Kong.)
Naoto Suzuki is the grandson of world-class Japanese potter Osamu Suzuki, author of innovative Kiyomizu-yaki art from the early '900s.
Sorry, no customization available for this product.
At the moment, there are no questions or reviews for this item.Contact us
to submit a review or to ask a question to the manufacturer.