Designed and made in Kyoto (Japan).
Set of beautiful hand-made plates in perfectly white clay, each featuring the painting of a crescent moon on the edge, designed by Kyoto-based artist SHOWKO.
Use your table as a frame to these hand-made plates. A very Japanese feel, without the easily-recognized features of traditional Japanese pottery.
The set consists of 2 luncheon/salad plates (⌀ 18cm, ab. 7 in) and 2 bread plates (⌀ 15 cm, ab. 6 in).
Instructions for use
On a Japanese table, the 18 cm plate is very likely to be used as a serving plate (called "torizara" or "kozara" - see our article about Japanese tableware), while the 15 plate would often be considered a dessert plate, or a separate torizara for smaller portions.
On a Western table, the 18 cm dish is likely to be considered as a salad plate or a slightly small luncheon plate, while the 15 cm plates might be suited for bread and butter, or for dessert.
Wash immediately after use, and wipe with a soft dry cloth.Warnings
• This product is fully hand made: differences between pieces may occur.
• Wash thoroughly before the first use, with a non-abrasive detergent and a soft sponge. Wipe with a soft dry cloth.
• Do not dishwash.
• Do not microwave.
• Do not leave immersed in water or other liquids for long times.Notes
• This product may not be returned. Items that you receive broken will be reimbursed. Please read our return policy
to know more.
• This item unlocks a discount on the purchase of other products in the series. Please contact us
SHOWKO is the artist behind the Sione
brand, based in Kyoto. She comes from a family of potters, and personally curates the Sione brand.
Limited customization available for this item.
- A short message or a name may be painted in addition to the existing design.
Please contact us
to make an inquiry.
At the moment, there are no questions or reviews for this item.
Please contact us
to submit questions or to leave a review.