Designed and made in Japan.
A unique type of chair to support your moments of silence and relax with a touch of extra elegance.
Inspired by zen culture, this floor chair features a small backrest, just enough to make your seat more comfortable without allowing incorrect posture.
Using the sashimono joinering technique, no nails or screws are used to manufacture the chair.
The cushion is made with silk threads and washi paper yarn interwoven so to obtain 15 square shapes that, combined, result in the spherical cushion.
All threads are dyed and woven with the final design in mind; this approach is called kasuri ori in Japanese.
Instructions for use
Despite being made by craftsmen using traditional techniques, this chair with cushion is not a traditional object. Instead, it can be easily recognized as a modern way to bring together two common items that are usually separate, a floor chair and a type of cushion similar to that used in zazen (zen meditation).
Although there is no designated use for this product, this type of chair is a perfect match for a low table or a kotatsu (the heated low table), or for some relaxing time over tatami mats.
Wipe with a moisturized cloth and let dry naturally in a ventilated area.
Do not bleach.
Do not immerse the cushion in water.
Wax for wood and other wood-specific products may be used on the chair.Warnings
• This is not a regular chair. Please make sure you view the measurements before purchase.
• The two products included (chair and cushion) are fully handmade by craftsmen. Minor differences occur between pieces.
• Do not rest your back at full weight on the backrest.Notes
• This chair may be enjoyed in several ways, and the cushion alone may be used in the traditional Japanese sitting posture called "seiza
". It is designed to be comfortable also while sitting with your legs crossed or stretched out to the front.
• The dark-grey cushion is not available at the time of listing. As stock changes every day, please contact us
to know whether it is available today.
• This product may not be returned. Please read our return policy
to know more.
Limited customization available for the Floor Chair with Zazen Cushion.
Please contact us
to request customization if you see anything you would like the craftsmen to change for you.
FAQ for Floor Chair with Zazen Cushion.
Q: Can I buy the cushion only? A:
Yes, that is possible. Please contact us to receive a custom estimate for the cushion only, in light brown or dark grey.
Q: Is this suitable for a regular table?
A: The chair is designed to be placed directly on the floor, so it would not be comfortable when combined with a typical Western table.
Please contact us to submit more questions or to leave a review.