Designed and made in Kyoto (Japan).
Hand-painted bread plates (⌀15.5 cm / 6.1 in) in perfectly white clay, featuring the painting of a crescent moon on the edge, designed by Kyoto-based artist SHOWKO.
Use your table as a frame to these hand-made plates. A very Japanese feel, with a unique universal twist of beauty and elegance.
Instructions for use
On a Japanese table, a bread plate would often be considered a dessert plate, or a separate torizara for smaller portions (also called "kozara" - see our article about Japanese tableware).
On a Western table, similar plates might be suited for bread and butter, or for dessert.
The following images feature this product in sets that include 2 Bread Plates, 2 Luncheon Plates, and Moon Cups (all separately available on KiGinKin. Please contact us to receive a quote on sets.)
Wash immediately after use, and wipe with a soft dry cloth.Warnings
• This product is fully hand made: differences between pieces may occur.
• Wash thoroughly before the first use, with a non-abrasive detergent and a soft sponge. Wipe with a soft dry cloth.
• Do not dishwash.
• Do not microwave.
• Do not leave immersed in water or other liquids for long times.Notes
• This product may not be returned. Items that you receive broken will be reimbursed. Please read our return policy
to know more.
• This item unlocks a discount on the purchase of other products in the series. Please contact us
SHOWKO is the artist behind the Sione
brand, based in Kyoto. She comes from a family of potters, and personally curates the Sione brand.
Limited customization available for this item.
- A short message or a name may be painted in addition to the existing design.
Please contact us
to make an inquiry.
At the moment, there are no questions or reviews for this item.
Please contact us
to submit questions or to leave a review.