Designed and made in Kyoto (Japan).
This product does not come with the additional equipment required to hold a tea ceremony. Please contact us if you would like to receive a full set.
Who said that matcha bowls must look rough and tough? Definitely not artist and potter SHOWKO.
The artist comes from a family of potters specializing in earthenware made for the tea ceremony, learning the craft of forming and firing clay, and uses it to express herself artistically.
One-of-a-kind piece of art, fully hand made. Despite the delicate, artistic looks, this product is an authentic tea ceremony bowl, crafted for use. No need to keep it in a glass case!
Instructions for use
• This bowl may be used for the tea ceremony, or it may be displayed as an art object. In a Japanese home, it would be used in either way.
• Additional equipment for the tea ceremony may be included in the shipping on demand. Please contact us to get an estimate based on your requirements.
Wash immediately after use, and wipe with a soft dry cloth.Warnings• This product does not come with the additional equipment necessary to hold a tea ceremony.
• Wash thoroughly before the first use, with a non-abrasive detergent and a soft sponge. Wipe with a soft dry cloth.
• Do not dishwash.
• Do not microwave.
• Do not leave immersed in water or other liquids for long times.Notes
• Additional equipment for the tea ceremony may be included in the shipping on demand. Please contact us
to get an estimate based on your requirements.
• This product may not be returned. Please read our return policy
to know more.
SHOWKO is the artist behind the Sione
brand, based in Kyoto. She comes from a family of potters, and personally curates the Sione brand.
Sorry, no customization available for SHOWKO's Artistic Matcha Bowl.
FAQ for SHOWKO's Artistic Matcha Bowl.
Q: Can I use it or is it just for display?
A: Shape and materials are intended for use, which means that the bowl can be used to hold an actual tea ceremony.
Q: What's the cost of a full tea ceremony set?
A: The price of the additional equipment (scoop and whisk) will depend on your requests on quality and style. For authentic goods in bamboo, it may be anywhere between 3,000¥ and 15,000¥, with the higher end being for actual tea ceremony masters.
Please contact us to submit more questions or to leave a review.